Once you have decided on the consulate - you need not go his site on the Internet. Why do it? There are several reasons:
- Online Set schedule consular department
- The site has the address to which you would need to bring their documents
- On the website are required to provide a list of documents and the fees
- On site you can download application forms and installed applications
- Production time visa (usually of the order of 1 working week)
The standard set of documents for a Schengen visa is as follows:
1. Filled in English (some consulates allowed in Russian) and signed. Some embassies also require to complete additional forms with information about the family, etc.
2. A passport valid for at least 3 months after the alleged return of the trip. If your passport is brand new and has no Schengen visa, you can apply as an old passport or a copy of it.
3. Photocopies of your passport and overseas. Requirements to which it is copied sheets at all different consulates.
4. Confirmation of booking tickets there and back. Also, the visa officer may request a copy of all domestic tickets that you will use to move between the countries of the Schengen Agreement.
5. Proof of residence. Almost all consulates require submission of printed armor housing for the duration of stay in the Schengen area.
6. Documents proving that you have sufficient funds, it can be:
- A letter from your employer stating salary
- Bank statement (in Russian or English, which is also necessary to clarify on the Embassy's website)
- Photocopies of traveler's checks in your name
- Sponsorship letter (if your journey pays another person). For sponsorship letter attached proof of funds from the sponsor as well as a copy of the passport of the sponsor.
Calculate the amount which any of these documents, it is easy - it sastavlyaet about 50 euros per person per day.
7. Health insurance, with the amount of coverage of at least EUR 30 000 or 35 000 US dollars. Some consulates do not accept handwritten insurance.
8. Two color photos taken during the period of 6 months before applying for a visa. Photo size - 35x45 mm, background color, depending on the requirements of the Consulate
9. The consular fee. Please note the visa fee can be installed both in rubles and euros. Some consulates require you to pay the visa fee through the bank, others have their own cash.
In addition to collecting all the necessary documents, you will need to plan sees the Consular Section. Carefully read online, as is the procedure of filing, sometimes it is done strictly by appointment only.
For the convenience of the population many embassies opened special visa centers that accept documents for visa, and then send them to the consul. Services such visa centers are paid, but more windows for receiving documents, and in the room worked as an assistant, always ready to advise you on any matters related with visa.
If you arrange a standard tourist visa - a special interview will not be. But when dealing with visa officer or employee of the visa center, be prepared to answer questions about the purpose of your trip and justify your route. Behave calmly and confidently. Good Luck!