1. Punishing a child stay calm and mature. If you are inflated, try to calm down, and then start a conversation.
2. Be firm, decisive and consistent, if you decide to punish the child. Do not change your opinion, do not fall for tricks and persuasion. If you constantly change your mind, cancel the punishment, the child will understand that your words do not mean anything, and can be neglected.
3. Remember that the penalty - a measure educational. You correct misbehavior, not revenge or punishment for the offense. It is important to achieve the child to understand why and for what he was punished.
4. Use as a punishment method restrictions. Explain that because of disobedience child should be deprived of your favorite treats or miss watching your favorite transfer, abandon the game. Do not make a long sentence. Punish the here and now, not then ever. To compare the degree of punishment to the offense. For accidentally overturned cup enough to scold, but if the child is tormented by a cat, and even insolent with the adult, it is possible to deprive him of entertainment for the whole day.
5. To minimize the manifestation of discontent and caprices when a child taken away from the game, watching TV, advance warning about this: "After 15 minutes - Lunch", "You can read another half hour, then it is time to sleep." Internally child will be ready to the fact that the occupation or time to finish the game.
6. Do not argue or try to prove their case outrage and hurt child. If a child is aggressively responding to your comments or requests, wait until he calms down. Say it in such a tone you're not going to talk to him.
7. Encourage your child to alternatives where possible. If you do something forbidden, be sure to explain that you can do: "You can not draw on the wall. Draw with chalk on the street or pencils (paint, markers) in the album "," You can walk for half an hour, but then you will not have time to watch TV, "" If you do not get toys, we do not go for a walk. " Give your child the opportunity to choose the appropriate option.
8. Explain to your child that he is responsible for his actions. If he broke someone's car, then either he must give in return for your car, or to pay money. But then it is not necessary in the near future expect from mom and dad buy new toys.
9. Praise the child if he is to be obedient and try to improve. Even when you punish the child, let them know that you love him, but very disappointed by his behavior. Are you sorry that you have to be punished, but you are not going to change the decision.