1. Whole grains are rich in fiber, a variety of vitamins, minerals and biologically active substances (volatile production, lignin, polyunsaturated fatty acids, etc.). Whole grains contain all of the elements of grain nutrients so they are stored in their entirety. The same can not be said about white flour, from which the majority of preparing cereal products. Since in the process of cleaning the grain of many contained therein nutrients are lost completely or greatly reduced their numbers. In fact, the refined flour - it is simply extracted from corn starch.
2. Regular consumption of whole grain foods contributes to weight loss. Firstly, they are lower in calories than the grains of refined flour. Second, they contain complex carbohydrates, keeps you feeling full for a long time. Refined flour consists of simple "fast" carbohydrates, causing a sharp rise in blood sugar levels. Slow digestion of complex carbohydrates guarantees a stable blood sugar levels, which reduces the risk of diabetes.
3. Whole grains effectively fight the appearance of cancer. This effect is due to the presence of large amounts of whole grain antioxidants protect cells from free radicals. Particularly rich in whole grains such well-known antioxidants such as vitamin E. In addition, many whole grain cereals contain another powerful antioxidant - selenium.
4. Whole grains maintain the health of the cardiovascular system because they contain cellulose capable of preventing the deposition of cholesterol in the vessel wall plaques. In addition, an important role is played by the prevention of diabetes and obesity, which significantly increase the risk of cardiovascular disease.
5. Whole grain is one of the best sources of B vitamins, are essential for maintaining the health of the immune system and the nervous system, as well as to maintain skin elasticity.