Postpartum depression - not an uncommon phenomenon, a young mother lurk in the most unexpected moment. It would seem that all is well, the long-awaited baby was born, everyone is happy, but ... the young woman suddenly lost the desire to care for the child, do household chores and do whatever else.
There is irritability, nervousness, crying, children crying annoying to see her husband and relatives do not want to, there is nothing about sex and talk. Their appearance is annoying, but the desire to care for her either. At the sight of her own child there is no joy, and a sense of helplessness and fear - fear to do something wrong. Constantly there is an idea that this life is over, and now there will always be only feeding, washing, cleaning, etc.
This is postpartum depression, which must be fought, otherwise you can remain in this state for several months and even years.
A newborn child depression affects negatively the mother. The child feels that the relationship with his mother, he felt throughout the pregnancy, suddenly broke. Little creature, most in need of affection and protection, there was one in an unfamiliar world. If the mother can not cope with postpartum depression fast enough, it threatens the development of mental health problems of the child.
How to overcome postpartum depression?
• Seek help from relatives and friends. Some of them should take some homework to give young mothers the opportunity to relax physically and restore themselves "in form". Very useful at least once a week to leave the house without a child, going to visit, a beauty salon, a cafe or in the movies. Of course, provided that at the time of the child caring reliable hands grandmother or other relative.
• If a young mother appeared aversion to sex, she should tactfully discuss this issue with her husband. Besides, for physiological reasons, for 1-1 months after birth 5 sex contraindicated. However, after this period sex often help overcome depression.
• It is very important that the young woman enough sleep: sleep helps restore power to undermine the pregnancy and childbirth. You can sleep with your child.
• It is useful, in consultation with the doctor, take vitamin C and calcium - a woman's body after childbirth needs these substances.
• Do not forget that the big world continues to exist, that it is not closed up in the walls of the apartment. Young mother should have time to read books, watching TV, exercise a hobby, if it has.
• Communication with the nature of great help to cope with postpartum depression. You can walk to the nearby park - one or with the child in the stroller: baby also needs fresh air.
• Music and dancing also help to get out of the doldrums. You can dance with the baby in her arms, he is very like it, especially if the mother will sing music. After all, her voice he knows and distinguishes from others.
• When postpartum depression necessarily need a man with whom the young mother can talk about their problems, express sore. Maybe this will be my husband, maybe - a friend or a sister; in severe cases it is necessary to contact a professional therapist.
All of these recommendations have long been known, but effective. Good mood, feeling of youth and beauty, love for the child and her husband certainly return. You can not just withdraw into themselves.
In the family there was a newborn baby, want and expect. A new stage in the life of a young family. And suddenly the child's mother falls into a depression and despondency, does not even want to look at the child and her husband, crying with or without reason ... What is it? Postpartum depression. Enemy to be fought and defeated.