By Omega-3 fatty acids are alpha-linolenic, eicosapentaenoic and docosahexanoic.
• These acids contribute to the rapid conversion of cholesterol into bile acids and further its removal from the body, ie, regulate the relationship between necessary and unnecessary cholesterol;
• They are the basis of the cell membrane (shell) provide permeability, fluidity, flexibility, delivery into the cell is controlled only useful substances, i.e. involved in cellular nutrition, breathing and metabolism;
• strengthens the walls of blood vessels, increase their elasticity, which prevents atherosclerosis and other diseases of the cardiovascular system;
• stimulates the development of the brain and are part of the meninges;
• participates in the exchange of vitamins B1, B6, choline;
• with their participation the formation of prostaglandins (tissue hormone), which are necessary for the regulation of inflammatory and allergic skin reactions;
• prevent skin diseases, improve its appearance and also widely used in the treatment of eczema, psoriasis, allergic dermatitis, acne and ulcers;
• improve the conductivity of nerve impulses, eliminate chronic fatigue syndrome, stress, depression.
Plant sources of polyunsaturated fatty acids Omega-3 is flaxseed oil. However, under the influence of light, heat processing and storage of useful fatty acids are converted to carcinogens which cause tumors and other malignant tumors. When buying flax oil worth paying extra attention to the composition and shelf life. Only a sufficient content of vitamin E (a natural antioxidant) can prevent the oxidation of fats in its composition.
Polyunsaturated fatty acids Omega-3 marine type is extracted from the northern sea fish (sardines, mackerel, anchovies, herring, mackerel, capelin and saury). But at the expense of long-term storage (freezing) and their lack of natural antioxidants, these fats are rapidly oxidized and some lose their useful properties. Therefore, in the absence of fresh fish source of omega-3 fatty acids found in fish, canned in oil or own juice. Often filling essential fatty acids of fish oil used and other dietary supplements with antioxidants, oxidation of fatty acids warning.