Insufficiently identified etiology of osteoarthritis. Enough are important factors such as genetic predisposition, chronic or acute trauma, age-related changes in the intervertebral discs, as well as a violation of segmental blood circulation.
The main causes of degenerative disc disease:
- Increased stress on the joints and spine;
- Prolonged exposure of the body in an awkward position and monotonous;
- A sedentary lifestyle;
- Biochemistry of cartilage and age-related changes in muscle tone.
Osteochondrosis may develop on the background of existing pathology of the musculoskeletal system (flat feet, scoliosis or kyphoscoliosis). At the age of eighteen or twenty years, there are degenerative changes in the intervertebral disc, which only intensified with age. This gradually reduces the distance between the vertebrae and flattening discs. At the beginning of the disease there is a feeling of discomfort and severe fatigue, and only then you can feel severe pain in the back and waist.
The sooner you see a doctor and begin treatment of degenerative disc disease, the better and faster results will be. Most commonly for the treatment of this disease requires an integrated approach. The first task - eliminating pain arising in distinct attacks. Treatments that are used in osteochondrosis: acupressure, electrophoresis, chiropractic, acupuncture, vacuum therapy, hirudotherapy and stone therapy.
Prevention of back pain:
- Avoid pan and tilt of the body without support;
- Lift weights solely by bending your knees, not the waist;
- Try to clean floors on their knees or with a mop, bend the waist;
- 50% of patients are turning to the doctor after suffering stress and depression. So try not to worry, as traumatic state can be a major cause of back pain;
- With sedentary work posture change every ten or fifteen minutes doing exercises the feet and hands, tightens and periodically leaning backward
- Find a point of support for longer stays on his feet. During a long conversation with his back against the wall.